Romantic partners should be there for one another through thick and thin, but when one turns to the other for support after the loss of a loved one, the latter may become overwhelmed by the responsibility of helping his special someone cope and recover.
Here are some things that all partners should remember in times of their loved ones’ grief:
- Let them know that it is safe to cry and express their emotions in your presence.
- Become their source of honesty amidst the well-intentioned but ineffectual sympathy.
- Give them room to experience mourning in their own personal way.
- Don’t feel like you have to fill the silence while your significant other grieves.
- Help in planning the funeral as well as in other tasks.
Click here to read more.