Trying to cope with the passing of a loved one can drive some into unhealthy habits, and while they may seem convenient, and even ‘right’, at times, the reality is that they will only lead to bringing you further down.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when coping with your loss:
- Use calming and relaxation techniques before bedtime to ease your slumber.
- Be patient with yourself and share thoughts and memories with those close to you.
- Accept that there are moments of happiness and that they don’t mean you have forgotten or neglected the loved one who died.
- Partake in some physical activities.
- Be wary about making social media posts of your loss.
- Consider keeping a journal where you can express your emotions.
- Maintain a balanced diet.
To learn more, click here.