Grief is naturally a difficult process. Fortunately, there are loving friends and relatives who can make the experience bearable.
Here are 8 pointers to consoling a grieving loved one:
- Let go of time expectations
- Recognize the stages of grief
- Variables to grief
- Resist telling them how strong they are
- Offer the bereaved ways to memorialize
- Ask them what they need
- Continue to check in on them
- Recommend help
To learn more, check out Your Tango’s 8 Tips to Help Console a Grieving Friend.