Grief is a very complex process — it cannot be easily defined and it is not an experience from which one can quickly recover. This is why it makes no sense to try and push bereaved individuals to rush their grieving process.
Here are some things that you should keep in mind in offering help and support to a bereaved loved one:
- It is not up to you to heal the grief.
- Forget what you think you know about grief.
- It’s never too late to write a condolence note.
- Anniversary notes are deeply appreciated.
- The principles apply to pet loss, too.
To learn more, click here.