Unlike adults, children have less experience and therefore may be more confused as to how they should deal with feelings of loss and grief, which is why it is essential that they are guided by an adult through the process.
- Encourage them to ask questions and answer them the best you can.
- Give the child a chance to say good bye in a manner he chooses.
- Talk about the person who died with him or her.
- Listen to what the child has to say about the experience.
- Allow them to take a break from grief.
To learn more, click here.